- Less research=more time to see things and more relaxing
- Usually has a driver and guide
- Itinerary is planned out
- Make friends from the tour group
- Easy for families to travel
- Can rest during the drives
- Somebody explaining everything that you’re seeing and can usually act as your translator.
- Can see many tourist destinations
- Very structured
- Less freedom and exploration.
- “Easy” targets for pick-pocketing
- Kind of, but not really. I believe it’s easier to pick-pocket someone from a group since it’s easy to tell who’s the tourist versus somebody who knows what they’re doing.
- You’ll have to see things that don’t interest you and may not be able to see the things that do interest you.
- Stuck in a bus for parts of the trip.
- More expensive.
**THESE ARE MY OPINION AND OBSERVATIONS. Many people enjoy tour groups and there are many benefits to it!**